"I felt more equipped than I ever have done for an interview and am pleased to confirm I received the job offer and have accepted!"
Alison was a seasoned HR professional, recently made redundant. She had finally identified the niche that truly lit her up - working in Global Mobility. The challenge was that these roles were few and far between, and almost always based in London - not where she wanted to be based. When the perfect opportunity came up in Manchester, Alison knew what she had to do...
"Following redundancy and 6 months of searching for my next opportunity, a rare and unique position arose in my region. It was the logical career progression for me and I was determined to ensure that the interview turned into a job offer.".
How We Helped
Alison had worked at GE for many years, so knew me from there, although we'd never really worked together directly. She approached me with the brief that she simply "had to get this role". No pressure! She needed help to focus clearly on what to do to be fully prepared for interview. So here's what we did:
* Forensic analysis of the company and the role: decoding the competencies and the culture, to give Alison the edge over her -competitors at interview.
* Used the experience of a seasoned recruiter to identify and turn around any weaknesses in Alison’s presentation.
* Reviewed Alison's draft elevator pitch and tailored it to the new role.
* Prepared insightful, balanced questions for Alison to ask at interview - an opportunity to shine that most candidates miss.
* Let loose with our unique proprietary tools, including our 'Talent Tracker Tool' and ‘Handy Cheat Sheet' to build confidence and impact.
* Took Alison to interview boot camp to get her ready to go 12 rounds of the toughest questions without missing a beat.
* Shared an insider’s tips on how to leave the interviewer desperate to make an offer.
Well, Alison landed the role of Global Mobility Executive at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer - one of the largest global law firms.
Dream job, in the dream location - Alison has it all and is already showing them what a great choice they made!
"Holly was totally independent from my usual network of family/friends support and offered me different perspectives as we worked together. I could talk through the challenges I wanted to overcome through our 1:1 confidential conversations."